Over the course of the week, Pele’s Fire facilitators will offer small-group workshops structured to offer inspiration to all writers regardless of discipline. Workshops will rotate so that every participant will have an opportunity to work with both workshop leaders, Elena, and Reiko, at least twice during the retreat. These workshops will be generative, genre-fluid, and suitable for starting something new, or diving in to deepen or problem-solve work that you are already engaged in. You will also have the opportunity to get feedback on your manuscript in a one-on-one consultation with the teacher of your choice. Take a look at who we are and what we teach to make your preferred selection in your genre.
Your retreat will include:
- Your own quiet writing time.
- Ten hours of generative and genre-specific workshops with Elena and Reiko.
- One-on-one meetings for manuscript feedback and brainstorming.
- Talks and guided conversations on a variety of writing-related topics.
- Evening readings, trips and celebrations.
- Optional free time to explore the island.
Kalani also has a full schedule of yoga, meditation and movement classes you can attend, and many different wellness and healing offerings, including massage, reiki, etc. You can find out more about these on their website, kalani.com.