June 8-15, 2019
Framed as a “creative cultural sojourn,” this amazing retreat gives equal time to writing, relaxing and sightseeing. Rahna Reiko Rizzuto will be your guest artist. All writers, aspiring, emerging and established, are welcome.
Enjoy the view from your room in one of two luxury villas in Duće, where the foothills of the Mosor Mountains meet the Adriatic Sea. Walk along white sand beaches, or walk into town; take an afternoon swim, immerse in Balkan culture—and untap your creative potential in a beautiful place on Earth.
Soak in the beauty of this other world and journey through time and imagination: The Diocletian Palace. The Salona Archaeological Roman Amphitheater. Meereen (Klis Fortress). The Free City of Braavos (Kastela). Hike a mountain. Take the bus. Sip coffee on the Riva. Hop on a boat. Swim the bottom of a waterfall. Sojourn with us and set your creative spirit free. Return to your world, rejuvenated.
YOUR ITINERARY INCLUDES:
- 7-night accommodations at a luxury villa minutes away from the Adriatic beaches
- Delicious, healthy locally sourced meals—breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Creative writing and movement workshopsIndividual consultations for writers who have manuscripts they would like to discuss.
- Guided cultural and historical tours: Waterfalls, hiking trails, and the lush ecosystem of Krka National Park. Nearby islands. Historic castles and landmarks.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers to/from the city of Split.
This retreat is part of a series that was founded by Rose Marie Sabangan, a Pele’s Fire participant and Goddard MFA graduate, and run together with several others, including Melissa Franic who will be our Croatia leader and muse. For more information, or just seriously to look at pictures (this featured image is the view from the pool at the villa where we are staying), go to their website: https://www.writingonwater.net/croatia2019.
It was just announced and is already more than half full, so if you are interested, don’t delay!